Our Holiday In The Philippines 2008 Highlights

Because lots of you are curious with what happened during our great holiday for 2 weeks, here is a breakdown of it. Sorry if I wasn't able to blog much while on holiday. Anyway, enjoy!

Day 1 The day when we left Qingdao. Transited in Seoul and reached Manila at midnight - 1 day wasted with traveling!

Day 2 Our daughter Selena couldn't believe her eyes when we tried to wake her up from her sleep. Marl and I sent her to school at 6:30AM. In the afternoon, we went to settle things for our condominium unit at California Garden Square which has just been fully paid after 3 years! Met up with friends Cedric and Mandi in Makati and Robinsons Manila, respectively.

Day 3 After going to our banks in Makati, we went strolling in Glorietta and Robinsons Manila. I found out then that Robinsons Manila is a free WiFi zone - I mean, the whole mall!

Day 4 Selena and I queued up at 4AM in DFA to renew her passport. We got home around 9AM to go back to bed. We left for Cebu at 7PM.

Day 5 Our first day in Cebu, we took a chance to renew our OEC Balik Manggagawa in POEA Cebu but was rejected. We just went to SM Cebu to stroll.

Day 6 We went back to SM Cebu to shop during its 3-day sale. Met up with Nora, our ex-member and another friend, Gae. We also visited Marl's college classmates, Jemela and Dem, the latter being a paralysis survivor after fracturing his skull and operated 3 times. He couldn't move a thing in his body for months, but we were quite surprised to see his remarkable recovery which was said to be "not existing in medical books".

Day 7 We just spent time with Marl's family and friends. Packed our stuff, too, and slept early to get ready for some action in Boracay!

Day 8 We flew to Boracay and arrived there before lunch. We stayed in a great mansion sitting on highest part of the Boracay Island owned by our good friend Ronnie. We strolled along the beach in the afternoon as my daughter played with Ronnie's daughter in the water. At night, we watched High School Musical 2 on the big part of the wall in Ronnie's living room, streaming from a projector.
(Ronnie Castro, who used to be a guitarist of our sister band, Long Distance Band, is now a well-known jewelry designer in Taiwan, and married to Taiwanese Jenny and blessed with a talented daughter, Princess.)

Day 9 We woke up early to catch the morning sun and hit the beach for breakfast and some photo op while Marl and I basked ourselves under the sun until 1AM. It rained so hard after that. We had dinner by the beach and bought some souvenirs before we went back to the mansion. Ronnie, Marl and I chatted until 3AM.

Day 10 Woke up early to catch a morning flight back to Manila. See my post about the horrible flight back to Manila HERE.

Day 11 It was my brother Christopher's 19th birthday. Saw some of our closest relatives but glad that there wasn't any sing-along.

Day 12 Went to Mandaluyong City Hall to pay my RPT for our condo. Went to Robinsons Manila to meet up with my friend who's a photographer of the stars and celebrity events, Noel Orsal. He bought our camera Canon EOS 300D which we've decided to sell so we can get a more compact one.

Day 13 I went to my daughter's school to get her school card then we went to Glorietta to get the pair of shoes at VNC that has been haunting me for days. I had to buy it because I wouldn't have any shoes for the show.
We arrived Habitz Bar & Grill in North Fairview QC at 9PM but the place was still half empty. I went directly to the backstage where my friend, Cedric, has a little room where I can relax. The night went on so fast. I sang 3 + 3 songs, much to the delight of the people who came there to watch the show even though it was raining very hard. 
After the show, my very good friend Wilson, Marl and I hit the newest club in Makati, The Bureau. We met up with another good friend Allona who was celebrating her birthday that night. The whole place was really pumping and the music was so great. I was so thrilled to see that the DJ who was spinning the music all night was actually my half-brother, Euric! Such a small world! 
After tiring up myself dancing in The Bureau, we checked out The Warehouse at 4AM. The place was still half-full with people dancing and relaxing on the sofa. We just stayed for a while and went to Wilson's new condominium at Wackwack 8 in Greenhills. We rested there until 9AM and then we went back home to take full rest the whole day.

Day 14 We went to SM Mall of Asia late in the afternoon to meet up with our friend Cedric. Then we went to meet my dad and his family at The Silk Restaurant in Serendra, The Fort. We also had a chance to meet Denise Laurel who happens to be my halfbro's girlfriend. It was almost midnight when we parted ways. We still went to Malate to meet up with Marl's friend, Myck Mondejar, who used to be a member of That's Entertainment, too. I was really tired when we got back home.

Day 15 Our last day in Manila. Did some last minute shopping and packing. Left Manila at midnight...


No comments: